Quicktime help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Crosthwait, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Bill Crosthwait

Bill Crosthwait Second Unit

Hey everyone, I am having some problems using QuickTime. I am unable to view any of the QuickTime movies on my hardrive. Actually I am unable to open the player on my desktop. Any suggestions? My os is win xp. Thanks Bill

2. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

I'll be installing QT on my HTPC after the HDTV Opening ceremonies. However, all indications are that a new edition of QT will be released Monday with MPEG-4 at the QTLive Conference if you can wait to see if a new edition will solve the issue.

3. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Well, I went to quicktime.apple.com and downloaded QT5 standalone installer. All went well with XP, 750 Duron, 256MB RAM so I guess you must have a bad install or the OS is to blame. Although I am more than willing to go with option 2 based on my 5 minute shutdown times, the more than likely issue is that you've got a bad install or mis-assigned file allocations.

Have you tried re-installing QT?

or

Going directly to Drive/Program Files/Quicktime and opening the QT player app directly instead of via the shortcut?