What's new

Quicktime help (1 Viewer)

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
Hey everyone, I am having some problems using QuickTime. I am unable to view any of the QuickTime movies on my hardrive. Actually I am unable to open the player on my desktop. Any suggestions? My os is win xp. Thanks Bill

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I'll be installing QT on my HTPC after the HDTV Opening ceremonies. However, all indications are that a new edition of QT will be released Monday with MPEG-4 at the QTLive Conference if you can wait to see if a new edition will solve the issue.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Well, I went to quicktime.apple.com and downloaded QT5 standalone installer. All went well with XP, 750 Duron, 256MB RAM so I guess you must have a bad install or the OS is to blame. Although I am more than willing to go with option 2 based on my 5 minute shutdown times, the more than likely issue is that you've got a bad install or mis-assigned file allocations.

Have you tried re-installing QT?

or

Going directly to Drive/Program Files/Quicktime and opening the QT player app directly instead of via the shortcut?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks