What's new

QuickPoll #3: Your Favorite Album (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Hmmmm I would have to say Master of Puppets, Metallica

but when im not in the mood for something heavy it would definitely be Last of the Ghetto Astronauts - Matthew Good Band

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Gustav Mahler
Symphony No.9
George Szell/The Cleveland Orchestra
Recorded live in concert Jan. 30/Feb 1. 1969 at Severance Hall; first official release in 1997 by The Cleveland Orchestra.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Dream Theater's Falling into Infinity!
Wow, that's unique. I think this one gets unfairly slammed and I've always been one if its staunchest defenders, though I wouldn't call it my personal favorite Dream Theater album.

I still can't pick a favorite. Heck, I can't even pick a favorite Mingus album, let alone a favorite anyone album...

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Damn! Broadman beat me to it! You're gonna catch a lot of flak around here promoting Falling Into Infinity, man. Be strong. But seriously, have you heard other Dream Theater? They've really done much better.

Answering this question has made me look back on what my favorite album has been throughout the years. When I was a kid and just discovering music, it was Dan Fogelberg's The Innocent Age. Later I discovered adolescence and the Who, and it became Quadrophenia. Then Peter Gabriel crossed my transom, and it was Security. In the 1990s I was introduced to Joe Jackson, and his 1997 masterpiece Heaven and Hell tops the bill. I still listen to all the other ones quite frequently, though.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Metallica-"Master of Puppets"

It would probably be ...And Justice For All if the quality of the recording on it wasn't so shitty.:frowning:

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Favorite Right Now: Linkin Park - Meteora and Black Hawk Down Soundtrack

All Time Favorite: That's a tough one, but I 'd probably go with Metallica's The Black Album.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Screaming Blue Messiah's Bikini Red

One day I was walking past the guard towers, when I worked at the Trident shipyard in England and the sign read, "ALERT LEVEL: BIKINI YELLOW"... and I thought,that is so cool, I finally know what the album title means.

Sean Dilly

Agent
Dj Quik "rythm-al-ism"...what a vibrant wonderful under-appreciated album.

also:

Donald Byrd "places and spaces"
Madlib "shades of blue"

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I've actually got three albums I call "Favorites" for different reasons..

Overwhelming Favorite Album
Tori Amos - Under the Pink & More B-Sides. I worked my way out of a coma to this album. I worked through rehab listening to it. I met my wife because of our mutual enjoyment of it. I still cannot hear moments on this album without being moved by it.

Sentimental Favorite
The Beatles - Abbey Road - I've always found the scope of this album to be fantastic, and it reminds me of a lot of good times.

Most Artistic
Some albums just have to be praised because everytime I listen to them, I think of it as a work of really good art. That for me would be Deep Forest-Deep Forest, their self titled album. I'm amazed every time I listen to how well crafted and interlaced the album is ;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
dang....this is a nearly impossible question, but if you put a gun to my head...

i'm gonna cheat a little...

OLDER SCHOOL
DEPECHE MODE: violator
what a great album. it moves me not any for the music, but for the memories i have while listening to it.

NEWER SCHOOL
COLDPLAY: a rush of blood to the head
what a great album....period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks