What's new

QuickPoll #3: Your Favorite Album (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I hope this thread can stay in the Music Area.

Just list your favorite album. Any genre. :D

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I would have to say Shawn Colvin's "Fat City" is just about my favorite album in my 800+ collection. It gets as much play, if not more, than any other.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Super easy question...

"Dulcinea" (1994) from Toad the Wet Sprocket

I've heard this album probably a gazillion times, and I can still listen and be completely enveloped in it. Although any Toad the Wet Sprocket album is incredibly good, this would have to be my personal favorite.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It depends on my mood (and I have about 2500 CDs) but if you held a gun to my head I would say Genesis The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

Because you know your audio equipment, Angelo, I hereby grant you your wish.

Serious
Sibelius: Symphony No. 2 in D Major, Op. 43, performed by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra under the direction of Lorin Maazel (1965, DECCA)

Popular
The Beatles: Revolver (1966, Parlophone)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Sibelius: Symphony No. 2 in D Major, Op. 43, performed by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra under the direction of Lorin Maazel (1965, DECCA)
Ah, one of my favorite pieces. I'll need to keep this album in mind when I have the money to buy classical music once again.

I really don't know how some of you are picking a favorite album. It is impossible to choose between King Crimson's Discipline, Charles Mingus' Tijuana Moods, John Coltrane's A Love Supreme, Dream Theater's Scences From a Memory, Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage, etc and so forth and onward.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I really don't know how some of you are picking a favorite album
Its easy. The album I picked "Company of Wolves" was from a time about 10 years ago where I got dumped by a gal I really liked. Instead of doing the standard options of drinking myself into oblivion, stalking her, begging her to come back, I immersed myself into music and this particular album stands out as something that helped me get through that period. So my pick is due to sentimental reasons.

The group itself my have been your standard hair band, but the music is deep in the blues and has some good classic guitar riffs.

But if i'm picking another album that I like to boogie too, smoke a cigar and enjoy a few fingers of B&B, Swingerhead - She Could Be A Spy. This is a great swing album and I highly recommend this one if your a swinger baby!!

Paul

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Back Door Men by the Shadows of Knight, a great 60s Garage Band from the Chicago suburbs. This album was the follow up to their big hit, Gloria. BDM has an incredible psychodelic version of Hey Joe, a song popularized by The Leaves and later by Jimi Hendrix.

TomCW

Second Unit
I would have to say Shawn Colvin's "Fat City" is just about my favorite album in my 800+ collection. It gets as much play, if not more, than any other.
I agree with you Evan, but right now I can't get enough of
The Be Good Tanyas - Chinatown
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks