What's new

Quickly-Pioneer ~710s vs 709s~ Is one better than the other & why? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Pioneer fans and owners!!!!!
Im posting for a very good neighbor & friend, whom yesterday, we got his speaker wire situation taken care of in another thread....
Now trying to deal with an issue he is struggling with. Due to price constraints on his part, these two receivers are what he's interested in. Two reasons for this are, he wants his equipment to match, (all Pioneer gear, CD, DVD, EQ's, now the Receiver), and a very BIG FACTOR, that I have access to buying these for very good prices.
Prices 709s-$179.99 ~ 710s-$206.99
these are new sealed and full factory warrented! **No ~ B-stock or Refurbs**
I cannot help much with information on these as I know nothing of the Pioneer line of Receivers, so your help is much needed!!! Just don't like Pioneer, not that thier bad or even that I've had bad experiences with them, just don't like Pioneer. I guess it's kinda like Chevy Camaros, everybodys got one type thing... I don't know, just don't care for Pioneer... Sorry Pioneer fans...
Given these two Pioneer's, VSX-D710s &
VSX-D709s, as the header says, which is the better receiver? Also are thier bugs in either of these recievers? The 709s have a recall and Im aware of this.
=======
White sticker on back lets you know it's been addressed allready at the factory!
=======
If you could please explain what one has and the other may have not, and why one of these might be better than the other. The price differance is un-important, as it equates to 27.00!
I know the 709s has pre-outs all channels and tone control on all channels, dose the 710s have the same?
How do these receivers handel video switching, do it well, ok, poorly!?
Anything that you can explain as far as features on each and how well they do it, excellent, good, fair, bad, ect.
The 709s dose 5 channel stereo dose the 710 do the same???
Ya, Big deal some would say, but dose it do it well or just a worthless bell & whistle.
I've located some info threw Pioneer along with this and other forums on the 709s, but little to none on the 710s. ~{Being a Web-tv user Im unable to access PDF files which would be very helpfull}~ :thumbsdown:
So any and all info relating with these two receivers and how they compare with EACH OTHER would be gretly apreciated...
On a side note, this receiver willbe replaceing a Technics SD-DA8N, I belive thats the right model number. It's the gold colored one with it's bigger brother carrying the 10N number. This has served him well for the last 6 months though it runs very warm even when not playing anything, just on!
Do the 709 & 710 run warm also? He has excellent ventilation...!
Would either of these Pioneers be considered an upgrade to the Technics, and would that be, major, slight, just about the same, ect as far as an upgrade?
And finally, please do not suggest other brands as he is stuck on the Pioneer line. Any other recievers built by Pioneer, suggestions welcome, but remmeber the budget.....!
Thanks
Geoff

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Get the 709. It is an Elite without THX essentialy. It has Pioneer's mosfet amps and better processors than the 710. It will sound a lot cleaner and have more punch.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Thanks Bobby,
While reading the Pioneer site information that I could access I wondered this! The recall was on the 709 and the Elite 39 & 42, not sure if those are the correct model numbers on the Elites, but found that to be interestig and had me thinking that much of the guts in the 709 must have some very simalar parts to the Elites.
Your confirmation of this now makes it very clear which is the winner here!
Thanks for the heads up, no question it would appear, which is the better receiver...:emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks again
Geoff

Rich Strauss

Stunt Coordinator
Geoff,

I have a Pioneer 709s that I like a lot. My buddy would like to get one, but the cheapest I have seen them is over $250. Where can one get a new 709 for $180?

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks