What's new

Quickee Fatal Frame question (xbox) (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
To use the "bonus features" of the camera and since I have a whole bunch of Stones saved up (I'm at the very end of Day 2 and have not used one stone yet), I was wondering, I have to use my Spirit Points to buy the powers like paralyze, pressure, slow, seach,etc and then I can use the left trigger to activate the power using the stones right? Just wondering cause I've tried to use them on occasion just so I know how and haven't worked yet. I have used my spirit points to max out my speed and my power is up to 3 and my range is up to 2.

Jay

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Jay,

Once you get a bonus power, it is either the left trigger or the clear button (can't remember right now.) The best ones for me was either paralyze or slow as those ghost get awfully fast by day 3. The one thing to be aware of is that a stone power works just like taking a photo: you have to keep the ghost in the reticle and it must be visible when you activate the power. If it is invisible when you trigger the stone, it will have no effect.

PS - Yes, you buy them with Spirit points to make them available to use in fights. If you never spend spirit points on a power, you won't ever get any ;)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Thanks, I thought so. I found out that the other Special Powers are only available after you finish the game once.

I hate how Miko keeps getting stuck in narrow hallways though. I wonder if has something to do with some odd collision dectection scheme.

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just made it to the 3rd night and have not used a single Spitit Stone. But I have enough spirit points for some of the special powers, which one would be most useful for the 3rd night monsters and beyond. Right now I think I have enough points for "See" and "search" but soon I should have enough points for the rest. my basic performace is Range set to 2, speed set to 4 (max) and max power set to 2. I'm thinking either up my max power or get a special function. Any opinions?

Jay

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Jeff,

I think so, closest part in Silent Hill to Fatal Frame would be when you are in the Dark hosiptal or the school. It's not so much that there's a lot of action, it's more along of the lines of extremely dark and heavy atmosphere (like finding a messed up little girls room through a crawlspace where the dolls have no heads or somesuch.) You do fight ghosts and they do like to pop out at you at awkward moments, but it's definitely not a thumb masher.

The worst part that (so far) you don't EVER meet anyone else who's alive, just you, your camera, and the ghosts. So there's never any reinforcements coming, no companion to lighten the mood.

I really like it, I guess you can compare it to watching the Ring. If you watch that in the dark, Fatal Frame with the lights off at midnight is a very similar vibe. Some people can take it no sweat, some folks can't make it through the first night.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Fatal Frame is freaky. Play it at night, in the dark, on your Xbox with 5.1 sound, and oooooh my goodness.

There have been times when I've had to turn it off, and walk away, just to let my poor heart settle down.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have only played Silent Hill 2, but I like the camera concept, it's very original. I think the overall spookinest gives FF the edge, but I still think the prison/hospital in SH2 is the most spookiest I have ever seen in a video game.
I find the puzzles in SH2 slightly harder, so far, I haven't had any problems with any of the puzzles in FF. Both have very excellent visuals that are spooky and sound.

I'm just complete baffled why Miko would venture into this unknown spooky mansion with a little flashlight and a camera (and also just a little schoolgirl outfit on)!

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Well, I just finished the game (1st time) and found the 3rd and last nights a little short, SH2 took me longer to finish, but the new modes in FF looks interesting. I just wished I didn't have so much problems with getting stuck. A couple of times during the last boss battle, I died simply because the camera angle changed and I walked right into Kirie. Other battles I got damaged because I would get stuck in the wall! I still wonder if the PS2 suffered from this or not. Nobody bothered to actually answer my questions. Personally, I think all the bonus features are worthless. I did the whole game without using one bonus feature. I've gotten "See" before and I just got Paralyze before fighting Kirie, but she seemed imperveous to it cause it didn't work. I wound up collecting spirit stones!

I wonder what the ranks mean at the end too..need to go find out...

Jay

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Thread Revival!!

I was looking for FF info and read this thread.

What are spirit stones? I have collected stones that revive my health when it runs out ie: when im fighting a bastard of a ghost.

Are those the spirit stones?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks