What's new

Quick X-Files Guide Please (1 Viewer)

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that Kevin (i do care) interesting reading.

Cannont believed Duchovny sued and carried on being in the show bet that was a great fun on set :b

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Started 7 now, like the luck episode just think its a nice change for all the serious dark stuff. It even has a happy ending :)

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
You mean "Goldberg Variation"? Yeah, that was a neat, different episode.

Where are you at now?

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished watchin x-cops really enjoyed it.

Like the way they are trying something different whilst taking the piss out of themselfs, thought it was well done :)

Onto 'first person shooter'

jez

Stunt Coordinator
lol

First person sooter is crap but i kinda enjoyed it.

As i said further up i never really see bad episodes cause i enjoy it.

Looking foward to the infamous Fight Club :)

DavidBC

Second Unit
Even bad X-Files is entertaining, and there's a lot of good coming up before "Fight Club", in the three star-written episodes that are among my very favorites. And the teaser on "all things"! Worth the price of the set alone for me!

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion, ONE of the three written by stars is very good, the other two are NOT good. Meh. Too much David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson!!! Where are Mulder and Scully??? They need to stick to their day jobs - as is obvious by "House of D". :thumbsdown:

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again guys for the interesting info.

Theef is abit ot a nothing episode, a throw away one never really like that baddie anyway Untouchables the worse ;)

3 star writain episodes?

Thought it was only All Things/Hollywood A.D

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

"En Ami" was written by William B. Davis, CSM himself. He rarely got to work with Gillian Anderson so he took it upon himself to write an episode where he would get to work with her far more than usual. Of the three "actor-written" episodes I think it's the best. It certainly retains the overall "X-Files" feel and style more than the other two.

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
I Thought there was 4 star written episodes

The Sixth Extinction II: Amor Fati co-written by David Duchovny.
En Ami written by William B. Davis
all thing by Gillian Anderson
and
Hollywood A.D. by David Duchovny

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think he only got a "story by" credit but he didn't actually write the teleplay. I could be wrong, though.

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
David was first billed with writing credits for "Amor Fati". It's also quite obvious he had heavy influence with the scenes he wrote for himself and Mimi Rogers.

Unfortunately the interesting 'dining' scene was shot entirely at different times for each character. It's flawlessly seamed together, though. Very nice episode. One of my favorites.

jez

Stunt Coordinator
I thought 'En Ami' felt very different to a normal x-files episode.

I can see why people dont like Season 7 although i am enjoying it. It seems to me they tried to do something different throught the season, so far anyway.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The X Files is one of those shows Where I would'nt Mind a best of Episodes. Even thou they dropped the price on the sets at best buy I still can't afford to pony up all the dough. Now they are releasing the Conspiracy themed sets, but I'd like to see a best of the stand alones, the Jose Chung's and the Flukeman, and how about that wacky Cher episode. THe mythology really fell apart because of poor planning and unfortunately it never amounted to much, but they had some great stand alone eps that would make a nice couple of Box sets.

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Didnt really like the Gillian Anderson writain/directed episode because what was the x-file? I feel its the most un-xfile episode ever! Well from the one's i have see :frowning: Not that Gillian did much wrong was just alittle bit dull!

Had to watch the following one straight away to get back into something normal or x-files! Even that (brand x) wasnt super x-files but better than the one before interesting!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Most XF fans feel that way about 'all things'. I really enjoyed it though. I think alot of people's problems with the episode is that it takes Scully into non-Scully territory (which is enough to sink it depending on your POV). However I think that if you take the episode on its own (or if you had never seen the series before), it's quite good.

The best news is that you're coming up on Requiem which is one of the best episodes of the season!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks