What's new

QUICK/VIEW: Night at the Museum (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
FANTASTIC picture. Haven't seen one this good since Robots.
Soudn was pretty good.

Score by Alan Silvestri was noticeable.

Movie was entertaining. Carla Gugino is always a soft spot.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
As opposed to be generic, phoned in rehashes.

I noticed the score - worthy.
Wouldn't purchase though.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I thoroughly disliked this movie, but for some of the effects work - the Tyrannosaurus skeleton was amusing. The story, even for a fantasy, is moronic, with unbelievable emotional revelations (the moral of the story for the audience, it would seem, is: you can win over a woman and your kids if you can display God-like powers over wax figures brought miraculously to life. Otherwise, you're a failure.) I felt the writer(s) rode the high concept beyond all reason and didn't for a moment strive for "suspension of disbelief." The best fantasies are grounded in a reality that feels real, so you can care about the characters. This one...cardboard, stereotypical characters at best, ones that don't react or behave in ways that resemble actual persons. I thought Silvestri's score was derivative and dull, except for maybe two nice cues. Aside from JACKASS 2, this was my least favorite film of the past twelve months. Disclaimer: This is not meant as a thread crap, just an opinion, and probably I am not in the majority. Oh well, each to his own, right?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

That most definitely WASN'T the moral of the story. The point was that Larry finally found something he was good at and he accepted that rather than reach for another dead-end, pie in the sky lark like he'd done in the past. He became himself, and that meant he came across better to others...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
wow dick you really took this one way too seriously.
colin got it right, on the what it really was about.

i loved it.
was super funny.

he won the girl and won the kid.
he got it all.

and learned a few things about history too

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Yeah, probably right. But that is how this film struck me and I'll never watch it again. Glad most of you found it enjoyable, as it's never a good thing to waste time at a bad movie...

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Watched it with my wife and mother-in-law. All 3 of us agreed that is was "cute". Worth a rent, but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibella1120
Recent bookmarks