What's new

Quick shelf design? (1 Viewer)

Max Malloy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure if this is on-topic here, but i'll try anyway. I need to construct a quick shelf to hold some equipment. Right now, i have my Denon 3802 sitting on my desk, and my DishNet receiver on top of my PC case. It's very inconvenient. I want to make a shelf that will allow me to place my DSS receiver and my subwoofer amp on top of the receiver. I was thinking kind of 4 tall legs around the receiver, first shelf about an inch above the top of it (is this enough), and so on. I've never really made anything myself before though so this seems hard. What kind of legs do i use? I mean, they need to be pretty tall and hold quite a bit of weight. And how far apart do the shelves have to be? How much space on top of the Denon? I wanna just slap something together quickly, since i'll be moving into my HT room in a few months and tossing it away.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Home Depot sells prefinished shelf stock in assorted sizes. They will probably cut to length if you ask the right person. Screw them together and you should be set.

Pete

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
Max,

Your receiver probably will need more than an inch of clearance to keep from overheating. Usually the manual has guidelines, but I'd suggest at least 3 or 4 inches of open space above, especially if the shelving supports wind up enclosing it on all sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks