quick questions for Photoshop users

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I have Photoshop LE and am considering upgrading to the full version but have questions that relate to me specific use of it.

I do primarily black and white line drawings with it. Can a make a picture larger that a piece of paper and have it printed on several papers so I can tape them together?

If I make a series of dots is there a tool to help me make a nice curve over them?

jeremy

2. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

Yes, you can make a Photoshop image quite large and print it out in pieces. If you are doing line drawings, however, Adobe Illustrator would be a much better application for you. It is a vector based program, and is made exactly for the type of thing you are doing (black and white line drawings).

I encourage you to try it out. Adobe has a free trial version you can download from their Web site. The tools for Illustrator work the same as the Photoshop tools, including the pen tool and bezier handles for curves.

I use both applications quite heavily, with PhotoShop handling scanning and manipulation of photo images. I use Illustrator to create artwork.

Hope this helps!

3. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I'd rather just get Photoshop if it'll do the trick. This isn't something I do a lot of so I'd rather not buy Illustrator if I don't need it. I'm still saving money to upgrade the old P133 here.

jeremy

4. Ken Wagner

Ken Wagner Stunt Coordinator

I have to agree with Pamela about Illustrator. It is much better suited to line drawings. You can do them in Photoshop but you won't have the smooth curves you can achieve in Illustrator. See if you can find an older version of Illustrator that a friend doesn't use anymore or search on Ebay. You may save some money and get a great art tool.