Quick question......

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by CRTLMB, Jul 31, 2006.

1. CRTLMB

CRTLMB Auditioning

I have a phillips DVD home theater in a box. I installed an extra set of speakers outside on the patio. Can I install a speaker selector switch with this unit? I do not have a seperate receiver. Everyhting is in one unit. Please help.

Thanks,
    Carl

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Yes you can. RadioShack sells them for pretty cheap.

What you do is run your left and right channels from the Philips to the speaker selector's input then run from speaker set A your inside left and rights then run your outside left and right cables through the set B. You may want to use weather resistant cables for the outside speaker (you probably already know that, but I wanted to make sure your cables weren't going to oxidize).

Good luck,

Seth=L

3. CRTLMB

CRTLMB Auditioning

Thank you for the reply. I might sound a little stupid, but could you explain what I have to do in a little more detail. I do not want to screw anything up.

Thanks again,
    Carl

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Here is what you want. It will come with instructions on how to make the connections.

For weather resistant speaker cabling, use that black stuff made for outdoor low voltage lighting. Any hardware store will have it.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

5. CRTLMB

CRTLMB Auditioning

Thank you. I will give it a try.

6. CRTLMB

CRTLMB Auditioning

Well I purchased the Phoenix Gold single source speaker selector switch and I am still confused. What goes where? The Panasonic DVD Home theater in a box that I have is model SC-HT670. I do not understand what wires go in the input and output slots on the speaker selector switch. Please help.

Thanks,
    Carl