What's new

Quick Question (1 Viewer)

Jeff White

Auditioning
I live outside of Washington, DC (Northen Virginia) and wondering if Adelphia Cable can carry (or is carrying) HDTV signals? I have a Toshiba DST3000 coming, and will hook up an outside antenna if I have to, but if the cable (I have digital service)is pushing the signal, then why would I need the outside antenna?
Am I way off base here?
Thanks for the help... Whitey

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The only two cable companies in the country that I am aware of that has the forsight to be currently carring HDTV signals are Time Warner Cable and AT&T cable...
------------------

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
I live in N VA. I have the mitz HDTV Direct TV receiver. you should only need a simple off the air antenna. I strongly recommend that you get one. I had and antenna with a rooter installed so I can pick up all the stations at 100%. However if I point the antenna S/W I can get 4,5,7,9 and PBS 26-1 at above 70% and not have to worry about changing the antenna direction. IF you don't get the OTA antenna you will be very limited in your HDTV viewing.

Ben Kaminski

Auditioning
Adelphia has no plans for HDTV in any of the markets they control. I have sent several E-mails to them in refrence to this and they do not concider HDTV a cost effective upgrade for them at this time as there are so few HDTV units in homes. Also I have asked around to some people who work for the company at the corporate level and there is nothing even in the works.
You can contact them at the following link and voice your displeasure
Link Removed

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Direct TV only has HBO HD and a part time HD ppv channel..Dish network has HBO HD, SHowtime HD and a full time HD PPV channel..You will not get your local HD affiliates on either DBS system....Local digital channels would have to be received over the air...
------------------

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
Cablevision also offers HDTV in the NYC area. I think AT&T only offers CBS in Chicago because when the local CBS DT channel began testing it screwed up AT&T's cable system. (Both tried to use channel 3 or something) Other than that one CBS HD station in Chicago, AT&T has shown no commitment to HDTV.

Jeff White

Auditioning
Pretty bleak outlook all around.. Maybe HDTV just hasnt arrived yet...
frown.gif

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Marque is correct about Cablevison offering HD. Only it is not for sale at this time. HBO/FSN/MSG are demo channels that currently come through on their Optimum Online (cable modem) connection.
The Yankee/Knick/Ranger broadcasts offer better video than most HD that I've seen (Elite 16:9/Dish6000). The rollout of these channels is supposed to be this fall. The Dish6000 will most likely not decode the signal at that time (a new Sony STB will be used) the issue is whether or not the Sony will have component outs in addition to the firewire/5c output.
If components are not utilized, we'll have to plunk down another 5k for one of the new Sony firwired RPTV's and roll the Elite out to the curb as trash (don't hold your breath).
Stay tuned... Cablevisions' cards will be face up on the table within a few short months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks