Quick Question

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I am brain dead today guys... I hooked up my new surround system and was wondering how to get my TV set up to where when I am watching cable, it utilizes all the speakers, not just my tv speakers? What would the connection be?

Johnny_M

Second Unit
Reaction score
you should have a audio out on either the tv or the cable, just run that into any input on your receiver.

Johnny

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
thanks Johnny... seems simple enough.

My project tonight is to set up by new Home Theater MX-500 Remote
Wish me luck!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Reaction score
Real Name
Wayne
Like Johnny noted, there should be audio output jacks on your TV. If there is a menu option to turn off the TV’s internal speakers, you’ll want to do that.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
ok follow up question:

I tried doing it last night and couldnt get it to work.

I dont have a cable box, the cable just goes directly to the back of the TV. I already have a digital audio cable running from the back of the TV to the receiver.. should that be able to use the sound from the cable to the speakers?

Any ideas?

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Reaction score

Huh? If we are talking just basic cable, and it looks like we are since you do not have a cable box. That usually means the use of a stereo pair of RCA cables. Usually red and white in color.

What model is your TV? Like Wayne said, you may also have to disable the TV speakers int he set up menu to enable the audio out.

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
so all I need to do is use the RCA (red and white) cables from the back of my TV to any location on my receiver (ex: vid 1). Disable my speakers on my TV and then make sure my receiever is set to Vid 1?

Sorry Im a newbie... I am learning a lot though.

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
If I have anymore problems, I will ask away. In the mean time, thanks for all of your help everybody.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derpok