What's new

Quick Question (1 Viewer)

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Can I use the sub thats used in the Bose Acoustimass 5 Series II for my new setup?

I have an HK230 Receiver. Athena F2's as fronts, ASC-1 Center Channel and the cube speakers from the acoustimass package for the satellites...

I know nothing about sub hookups and was just wondering if the way that this sub hooks up is compatible with todays convention. I have no clue. Thanks.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I suspect that you would not want to use the Acoustimass module. Since Bose doesn't publish much information, it's hard to tell what kind of crossover function is being performed by the module. More than likely, it would crossover at a high frequency and not let the Athena speakers reach their potential.

Again, this is just my suspicion.

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
so you think I am just better off not using a sub for awhile... I do live in an apartment, so a sub might piss of my neighbors...

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

Exactly. Save up some $$ and start looking for some good subs when you are ready to make a purchase. Chances are if you were to get the Acoustimass module hooked up, the bass would be pretty anemic.

I've lived for a few months without a sub. Granted, it was a bit painful, but I survived. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks