Quick Question re: new Harry Potter movie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Hey!
    I'm working on a piece for school about "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" and neded a quote from the film, but I couldn't find a copy of the script anywhere online.
    In the scene where the children are in the bookstore at the signing, they are talking about Voldemort - Lucius says he's surprised Harry will say the name ("Hmm, you must be very brave to mention his name....or very foolish.") and Hermione retorts to Malfoy- saying something along the line of "fearing the name only gives it more power" - I need the EXACT QUOTE, verbatim.
    If anyone knows the quote or knows where I can find it (or a copy of the screenplay), PLEASE let me know or e-mail me at [email protected]
    I need this ASAP - thanks so much in advance!
    --V

2. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

I tried searching on the web and even my girlfriend's copy of the book, but to no avail.
    Came close to hitting gold. Click on the link and scroll down near the end to see what I mean:
    http://us.imdb.com/Quotes?0295297
    Talk about a letdown...

3. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    I believe it was: "Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself."

And I think it was Dumbledore that said it in the book, in another scene, of course. However, the way they arranged it in the film works, too.

4. Adam_Garris

Adam_Garris Supporting Actor

I saw the movie yesterday and

5. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I don't think this line is in the COS book. It does sound familiar, however, so it's probably in another book (perhaps the first?). And I think Bryan is correct that it was Dumbledore who said it in the book.