What's new

quick question on a Panasonic PT-47WX53 - what's with the pop? (1 Viewer)

Larry_N

Auditioning
I have a 53" Panasonic HDTV widescreen.

Has anyone experienced a "popping" comming from their TV? I've had the TV for about a month, and it has happend only twice. It's a scary...kinda loud. I'll be watching a movie, and then it's kinda like a "pop" and then it's fine, so it's not really doing anything to the TV, or at least I think. I'm wondering if it's some kind of anjustment.

The DVD player is a Toshiba Progressive scan and hooked up with component video cables.

Anyone else ever heard of this? The Tv is fine and is woking w/no probs, but that pop scared the carp out of me.

Larry_N

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply. I'll ask over there. I've spent hours looking at it since then, and there is no color change from before. Very strange....

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
My Panny has never done that. I'd return it and get a different one if the store will let you. It shouldn't be a big deal if you can't, as the pop is supposed to be relatively easy to fix, but still, do you really want to have to adjust for the color every time it happens...

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I have the 53 inch Panny and it has popped twice. Once to green and once to blue. Both times, it was an easy 10 minute fix.

If you are getting what is called the 'evil pop' you will notice that the color shifts. In the case of mine, when the blue gun popped (went hyper), everything had a blue tint to it.

The evil pop is supposed to only happen once for each gun. So at most you should get three pops. And it is VERY easy to fix yourself.

My first pop happened at 6 months, the second around 9 months.

If it's not the evil pop and your TV is just frequently making a popping sound, definately get it looked at or replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks