What's new

Quick question on a banna plug (1 Viewer)

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me if this particular banana plug is the screw kind and not the soldering type?
It looks to be the screw kind..anyone order them and know first hand before I order 10?
Thanks.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
I don't have this particular one, but I know the style. You put the bare wire through the hole in the side and clamp it up tight by screwing in the end piece, which also accepts another piggyback banana plug.

But... are you sure the distance between the plugs will match whatever you're connecting to? That's what would concern me.

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Well...I assume the distance is a standard right? So it should work on both my speakers and my Onkyo 595...at least I'd hope. There are some Dayton Audio plugs too..but they're about 3x the price...and I need 10...are these good plugs anyone?

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Yea...I saw those Dayton Audio ones. Would cost me $60 for 10 though rather then $28 for 10 of the other ones...that was my concern if it was even worth it. I have an Onkyo 595...I guess i'm wondering if the duals would fit it...and what the main difference, besides that they're dual, would be between the Dayton Audio and the one I listed in the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks