Quick question...hopefully

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jason Co, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Could anyone refresh my memory on the connections of a Parsound 1201a monoblock to a center channel via a Denon 3802 receiver? I bought a new tv and unhooked everything and for some reason my center channel is not working. I want to make sure I am connecting it correctly before I start randomly moving wires around. I believe you run an RCA from your center pre-amp on the 3802 to the "in" on the back of the monoblock and then simply hook your speaker wires from the block to the speaker and you are in business.

The switch in the back should be on balanced.....Can anyone confirm this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Jason

2. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

RCA connections are unbalanced. Make sure the pre-amp is set to have a center channel enabled (not phantom).

3. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Dean
    The settings were never changed on the receiver end but I will double check it anyway. So the switch should be set to unbalanced but the connections are right. Correct?

Thanks
    Jason

4. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

Yes I think the connections are correct. Try flipping the switch first then check the recvr if you still have a problem.