What's new

quick question for HK AVR 320 or 520 owners about remote responsiveness (1 Viewer)

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
I want to get into DVD audio and so need to change to a unit with a 6 channel pre in. One of the other requirements I have, though, is to make my system easier for my significant other to use. Could anyone tell me how well the HK's respond to remote commands? My current unit, an Adcom preamp, damn near ignores every other command sent to it and usually will not power up with my macros on my universal remote. It makes it very difficult for others to power my system on.

Secondly, is there any real difference between the 320 and 520 other than amps? (I don't care about that, I am going to use an outboard amp anyway....)

THANKS!

peter_anderson

Stunt Coordinator
the remote ALWAYS works with my AVR 320. as for the differences between the models, the 520 has re-assignable amps, i.e. you can physically switch cables in the back to make it use the internal front amps to power the back surrounds if you have an external amp for the front l+r.

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks very much for the response, Peter! I think I am going to order the 320 today.

Judy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks