What's new

Quick Question for Denon 3803 owners....... (1 Viewer)

Robert M. Moran

Auditioning
Is it possible to do an Audio only switch? for example, i will be running an Xbox and a CD player through my reciever. Will i be able to switch on the Xbox signal while listening to an Audio CD?

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Yes, you can watch one thing and listen to another. 1st, choose your audio source as you always do (in this case, CD.) Then, on the left side of the 3803's front panel, press the Video Select button and turn the function knob above it until you choose the video source you are wanting to watch (in this case, the Xbox.) (BTW, if you want to spend a little money ($20 to $25), you can obtain the Video Select remote code by "creating" it from certain models of One For All remote controls. This would let you change the Video Select without needing to use the receiver's front panel.)

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Jeff: If you have a One For All remote that allows the creation of discrete codes, the device number is 0160 and the button code is 218.

I taught the code to my MX-500 universal remote. I use this code quite a bit and it sure beats having to get off of the couch!

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
I believe all of them, but they may program differently, and some may not have support for certain type devices. Also, there are many of the Radio Shack remotes that will do the codes also. I like the ones with support for 8 devices. I have a RS 15-2116(about $25), so I could learn some discrete codes that weren't on my TV's remote. It does everything I could want as a cheap remote to learn codes from. Go to remotecentral.com for tons more info on remotes.

Chuck, anymore discretes that are useful. I'm sure I would use that one occasionally, but I don't know that I would redo my Neo just for that one.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Jamey (and others): Go to this link http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/faq.shtml

It has all of the info on how to start using a OFA remote to setup these extra codes (along with a BUNCH of other info to get the most from a OFA remote, if you want to use one on a daily basis.)

Jamey: Specifically, go to section 3.21 for the Denon codes that are laid out pretty well. There are other places that list Denon codes but this list, IMO, is a little easier to follow. Things like the panel dimmer command and audio or video input scroll modes are available.

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Chuck
Its done and works great. I have the MX-500 as well what a damn nice remote it is!
Jeff

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. I could see a use for the direct to A,B,C,D,E for the tuner section. The dimmer is one I was looking. I might just have to update the Neo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks