What's new

quick question about setting up home theater system (1 Viewer)

RyanG03

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
alright guys, i have a digital cable box, a dvd player, and a ps2. I have a sony all in one home theater system that does not have any video inputs. I have digital optical going from the cable box to the receiver, digital coaxial going from the dvd player to the receiver, and rca audio cables going from the ps2 to the video 2 slot on the receiver, with the video cable going right to the tv. My question is how do i know what input on the receiver each of these devices is hooked to on the receiver. Obviously the ps2 will be using video 2, but what about the cable box would it be video 1? Would i need to run a set of rca cables from the box to the receiver as well? Thanks, any help would be appreciated

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
The coax should be set to DVD in the receiver already, and it is likely the optical is video 1 or cd. If it isn't just switch inputs untill one is outputing an audio signal (such as from the cable box via optical).

Seth=L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks