What's new

Quick question about port plugging (1 Viewer)

RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone,
I have a pair of Cerwin Vega! AT-12's, they do the trick for me, but i was wondering, ive read about people plugging the ports and getting different results, there are ports in the back of my AT-12's, what sort of effect would it have if i plugged the ports? just wondering before i go and buy materials for it.
thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You don't need "materials", you can find out what it will do by stuffing a rolled up sock in there, if the port is small enough.

What generally happens is bass will tighten up, but you will also lose a bit of output and a slight amount of extension.

RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
Well ill give the sock thing a try, i could definately use some 'tighter' bass with the cerwins.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
Just make sure you can get the sock out. I've heard weird stories, probably urban legends, about people ending up in the emergency room with things in their port that they cannot remove themselves. :D

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
If the ports are too big try a bath or beach towel...
Good luck. If you really get serious and want something to be able to put in and out... Some like to pull all out for HT and put them in for music... You can get foam plugs that will fit nicely.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
quote:
Just make sure you can get the sock out. I've heard weird stories, probably urban legends, about people ending up in the emergency room because this type of thing got out of hand. :D

LOL!:D

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Or got their hand stuck... I have a PB2+ and can't imagine how folks could carry me at 270 lbs and the sub that probably 100 lbs at least to the ER to get a stuck hand out of a port... haha.. would be funny though... I am sure someone will do it someday and try to sue SVS and they will have to put big yellow stickers by every open port that says something like ... putting you hands, fingers or other objects in this port could cause death or severe health issues... haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks