What's new

quick question about bad picture artifact.... (1 Viewer)

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all...recently while viewing 2 separate movies (LOTR ROTK Pellenor fields & Aliens from Quad set), I noticed during really bright scenes (i.e. explosions or camera looking directly into sunlight) that the right side of my Samsung TXM 3096 (sp?) was "strobing", on the brightest area...anyone know what this might be? my gear (calibrated w/ Avia (perhaps incorrectly)):
*aforementioned HDTV
* Cyberhome 500 DVD player (i know it's not a great player but the all region + proper PAL anamorphic is necessary to me)
has anyone seen/heard of this? it does NOT seem to affect the satellite picture (though it's hard to test w/out knowing when a similarly bright moment will occur)
is it my player or my TV? any clues will be greatly appreciated!

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all...recently while viewing 2 separate movies (LOTR ROTK Pellenor fields & Aliens from Quad set), I noticed during really bright scenes (i.e. explosions or camera looking directly into sunlight) that the right side of my Samsung TXM 3096 (sp?) was "strobing", on the brightest area...anyone know what this might be? my gear (calibrated w/ Avia (perhaps incorrectly)):
*aforementioned HDTV
* Cyberhome 500 DVD player (i know it's not a great player but the all region + proper PAL anamorphic is necessary to me)
has anyone seen/heard of this? it does NOT seem to affect the satellite picture (though it's hard to test w/out knowing when a similarly bright moment will occur)
is it my player or my TV? any clues will be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks