What's new

quick? for all the experts (1 Viewer)

MarcelHuard

Auditioning
hey folks i have these speakers and i was wondering what i can do to beef these up change the woofer to a sub maybe
or add a few more mid base to them change thier design dont know anyone have any ideas this is a web page on them
http://www.phifiq.com/kvs-407.htm these speaker are a set i have just sitten around and id like to use them as front mains on my home theater

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Don't get me wrong either, the statement after my posting is just part of the signature 'cuz that's what all the cool guys do. Right guys? OK, here goes.
Speaker systems are more than just a collection of parts. They are the end product (hopefully) of extensive research involving matching drivers, testing those drivers, designing a crossover that produces the least amount of frequency peaks and dips and good impedences, then putting them in a properly sized, damped and possibly ported enclosure. In the better systems there is also care given to off-axis response vertically as well as horizontal. Without going through this process again there is no good way of "beefing up" a loudspeaker.

MarcelHuard

Auditioning
wel if ya put it that lol
ya know yer right im
gonna have to do some research this project
i didnt get offended bro thanx for your insight help me some

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Obviously, Vance's book is highly thought of among those that have experience in audio and electronics. However, it may be a little much if you're brand new to the game. You may want to start off with "Designing, Building and Testing Your Own Loudspeaker" by David Weems. Then move on to the Cookbook.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Whatever you do, unless you've got a degree in the physics of sound and electronics, DO NOT buy the Dickason book to start with. It is VERY involved, and will make your brain run out your ears. The Weems book is considerably easier to understand. Then, after you get into it, consider the Dickason book.

FWIW, and I've learned this here, the best thing to do is to look at established "kits" (really just published box blueprints and electronic crossover diagrams) and see how they were done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks