Quick DTV Installation Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry L, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Larry L

Larry L Agent

Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of installing my DirecTivo (!!!!!) system but I have one question. Since I live in a condo with a patio, it was necessary for me to mount my dish on a pole. Today, I set up the concret in a pot and got the pole all ready and am just waiting for the concrete to set. In the mean time, I went ahead and started putting the dish and everything together. So my question is this. The instructions indicate that the support bracket should have some kind of indicator telling me exactly where to set my elevation (46.9 degrees), either a red edge on the bracket or a "bracket point" on the washer. Well, mine has neither; no way of knowing exactly what elevation I'm setting it at. How do I know that I have the correct elevation (other than going up and down the ladder a half dozen times)?

Should I use the midpoint of the elevation washer? The left or right edge? How about any other reference point? Anyone else seen this before?

Thanks,

Larry

2. Eric S M

Eric S M Agent

I had the RCA dish and it showed a picture in the manual that led me to believe I should align by the edge of the metal bracket underneath the elevation marks to the left of the nut. However, I never got to test it because the holes in the front of the dish (where the 2 bolts go through to lock down the tilt mechanism) stripped out before I could set the tilt.

-Eric

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

4. Larry L

Larry L Agent

Well, after some trial and error, I finally got it right. Thank God for that nice tone coming out of the receiver! I'm just happy to say that I'm a happy member of the Tivo Family!!!