Quick Comment: Setup

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JessPrice, Jul 14, 2003.

1. JessPrice

JessPrice Stunt Coordinator

Jun 2, 2003
    I just want to know what everyone thinks of these prices and the setup. This will be my first "REAL" stereo (as opposed to my 15" brahma with Alpine HU and Crystal speakers in car), and my first Home Theater project. I have spent many hours researching, browseing these forums, and listening to this setup (to the best of my ability), not to mention the countless hours of dreaming about it each night before I can fall alseep (you know how that is...). Any quick comments or suggestions are wanted!

Reciever: Marantz SR-7300ose $849
    Fronts: B&W DM602-S3 $480
    Center: B&W LC600 $280
    Surround: B&W DM602-S3 $480
    Sub: SVS PB2+ $1250

DVD/CD player: NEED SUGGESTIONS that will maximize my equipment selection!!!

If you know of any places that can get these things NEW or perhaps refurbished for cheaper, please let me know!
  2. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

May 21, 1999
    I know that Marantz has an authorized on-line retailer that sells its refurbished units, www.accessories4less.com

The products are factory refurbished and come with a one-year warranty. I bought my DVD player, Marantz DV-7010, through them and I've been quite satisfied.

BTW: I know that Marantz is offering through its authorized dealers a rebate: bring in an old receiver and get between $50 and $200 off, depending on the price of the new Marantz receiver. At least my dealer sent me this offer in the mail. Good until July 31.