What's new

Quick Change on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Does anyone know what the story is on how both Howard Franklin AND Bill Murray can be credited as directors for this film? I'm curious with the DGA giving Robert Rodriguez grief for Sin City. Was this just a non-DGA film?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"Availability: Release date to be announced:The release date for this video has not been finalized."

from amazon.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Some folks on DVDTalk were complaining about the delay. I'm acutally very hopeful that it means we will get some bonus features. The release was originally going to be barebones, which really disappointed me because at the very least they need to put the extra scenes from the TV version on there as a bonus. I first saw this film on TV and would miss those scenes if they weren't available in any form. Maybe they'll also get Bill Murray to do an interview or something, as I think this is the only film he ever directed.

What would be really awesome is if Warner also worked out a deal to finally release "Nothing Lasts Forever" also. I desperately want to see that film.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Ryan mad! Ryan SMASH!!!
Just when I had hopes. :frowning:
I am a little vague with this film, was there a (comic) shoot-out behind the bank sometime during the course of the film?
Ryan

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I am a little vague with this film, was there a (comic) shoot-out behind the bank sometime during the course of the film?
No, the only time Murray uses his gun is to shoot the surveillance cameras, and the cops never do more than draw. The premise of the movie is that the robbers pull the perfect heist and get out of the bank without the police realizing they're gone ... and then get lost on the way to the airport.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
So depressing. It's hard to fathom why this title is so hard to get out on DVD. I mean, Bill Murray hasn't been as visible as this in a long time, movie-wise. Geena Davis has a television show premiering in the fall. Tony Shalhoub is on yet another season of his hit running show.

Does it have some massive rights issue? I can't even recall any music in it other than the score. And it gets semi-regular play on pay-movie channels as well.

It's more than a little disturbing how anxious I am to own this. There aren't many titles on my wish-released list that are this high up.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Bill Murray hasn't been as visible as this in a long time, movie-wise.
That makes me wonder if the postponement might be because WB is waiting to see if Murray gets an Oscar Nomination for "Broken Flowers" Anyone else think this could be a possibility?

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I'm sure this was a DGA approved film. The DGA allows for co-directors, but does not allow for more than two, and does not allow a non-DGA member to be credited with directing (a la Frank Miller in Sin City). For a similar case, see Eurotrip. Three guys created the movie and directed it together, but the DGA wouldn't allow them all three to take credit. So they put their names in a hat and picked. It's a special feature on the DVD.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Some folks on DVDTalk were complaining about the delay. I'm acutally very hopeful that it means we will get some bonus features. The release was originally going to be barebones, which really disappointed me because at the very least they need to put the extra scenes from the TV version on there as a bonus. I first saw this film on TV and would miss those scenes if they weren't available in any form. Maybe they'll also get Bill Murray to do an interview or something, as I think this is the only film he ever directed.

What would be really awesome is if Warner also worked out a deal to finally release "Nothing Lasts Forever" also. I desperately want to see that film.
Murray has a soft spot for Quick Change - he thinks it was overlooked... which it was, IMO.

As for Nothing Lasts Forever, if you're in the New York area you can catch it on September 6 at the Walter Reade Theater at Lincoln Center. The director and 'special guests' will be in attendance. It's a shame that Warner hasn't worked out the legal issues. There's a bootleg on the web that's almost too easy to find (but expensive and, I've heard, looks terrible), though... I bet the guy's doing great business now that someone *cough* wrote a book about the movie... In any case, for what it's worth, Murray has told me on multiple occasions that he'll do what he can to get the movie released.

But going back to Quick Change - I wouldn't be surprised if it will be released on the same day as Broken Flowers.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Sometimes I wish I lived closer to NYC (this would be one of those times), but I do love it here in Austin. Unfortunately I'll just have to keep waiting for "Nothing Lasts Forever."

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
Has Quick Change on DVD been pushed back? Because every website either says "Out of Stock" or "Release date yet to be annouced." :frowning:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if you take a look only a few posts before yours you'll get your answer.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Man, I'm upset this is delayed.

But maybe it's due to the fact that a SE is being talked about.

I think it deserves a SE

One of my favorite comedies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks