What's new

Quick AV-15 question beforre it goes off sale (1 Viewer)

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I can't get a quick reply from them before the price goes up so I'll ask you guys. Would a 380 watt plate amp be sufficient for the AV-15 in an EBS alignment, or should I stick with a Tempest since it only needs 250 watts to reach excursion?

Martice

Screenwriter
Well Gary, I think the price has gone up already regarding the AV15. Secondly, 300+ watts would be fine in a EBS alignment.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
John at Stryke said the website should have been updated about 3 months ago.. i think he is very busy with the PR's, the AV-12's and the AV-15's.. Even though it said that price on the website, don't expect that on your credit card
;)

Craig

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
The em confirm. says $165 also. If that's not what they charge me I'll be be giving them a call.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
I agree.. not updating the website is no excuse.. if that is what it says, that is what it should be..

Craig

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Thats nothing, i have emailed John at STRYKE a million times with no luck,,,, Hell i wouldn't want to do business with a company that doesn't return emails or phone calls. I had $1,000 to spend and i went elsewhere, i guess they lost my business nd all my local buddies that are impressed with my new Shiva.

Rule #1.. CUSTOMER SERVICE...........

Ryan Hawke

Agent
I have had no problems with getting a hold of John, normally it just takes a couple days. He sends an automated email when you email him warning that it might take a while for him to answer emails because he is busy. I've also talked to him on the phone and he sounds like a very busy guy. As far as still getting the preorder price, I guess its up to John. On his site it says that the preorder ends Oct 21, so I don't think hes obligated to give you the price. John's a good guy and I've had no ill luck with him (even got a bad driver once and he sent a replacement immediately). I still plan on doing business with him.
--Ryan

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Acoustic-visions.com says the av12 and 15's are backordered until mid May... I just ordered an av12, have no idea if I'll be getting the pre-order price. The whole ting seems like a mess right now with the long wait, pricing confusion, defective drivers, and long response times. Hopefully they get everything in order soon.

-Brian

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
I had some communication problems with John, sometimes not responding, I guess that is what happens when you get a couple hundred emails a day.. but to be fair to him, he upgraded my shipping (from regular 2 week to 3 day) and took good care of me.. I would do business with him again for sure, you just need a little patience, he is a busy guy..

Craig

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,

Maybe you had no problems BUT i did, I emailed him like CRAZY with no repsonses. Do you think i will spend my money with a company that is soo busy to not even answer my emails. I emailed different companies like KLIPSCH tech support, Stewart filmscreens,Crown,PE,SVS, and my list goes on and they ALL repsonded to me in a timely manner. I am not knocking John. I am just talking about my experience with him that's all.

Rusty Boudreaux

Auditioning
I received all four of my AV15's last week. I'm extremely pleased with the quality of the drivers. Packaging was a little on the flimsy side and thus quite beat up...but the drivers seem to be okay.

The few times I needed to talk to John he was a little slow responding...but not a big deal for me. I know he's a one man operation and just had a new baby enter his life...

My only problem is the new house isn't finished, yet. So I can't build my infinite baffled, yet :frowning:

Of course, I had to send some test tones to the drivers (free air) just to watch the HUGE cone excursion.

Martice

Screenwriter
HAving been spoiled by Acoustic-Visions and Brian of Rutledge Audio Designs, the slow response time from John J. of Stryke had me rethinking my choice to do business with him.. It even caused me to question if he was ready to do business with me at all. However, after talking with him and finding out that he's a one man operation and that he is truely a man divided in terms of trying to cover the many aspects of his business and family, I was left with the personal choice of continuing my business with him or seeking another company to deal with.

Well my AV15 based Power Cube sub should be on it's way by Monday next week. The whole ordeal wasn't bad at all but the hardest thing is coming to grips with the fact that some small companies do run like small companies afterall and although some small companies may have it all together or it seems that way, we still have to remember that other small companies are a work in progress and we may have to be patient sometimes.

Then again, we can always go elsewhere if we want faster service. That's what America is all about.. Freedom of choices.

Could John be faster with his e-amils? Yes. Could he return phone calls in a more timely manner? Yes. So if you are not the patient type, maybe you should go elsewhere and go with a competitors offerings until you find that John and his company are running at a pace that we've come to expect from the best small companies on the net customer service wise.

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
That's too bad about the CS from Stryke. One of the main reasons why I buy from a company is the speed and quality of their customer service. After so many of us here have dealt with SVS, most other companies are left lacking.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i have a quick queston what type of warentee do these av15 come with? and i hade great servis. yeah it might took him a day to get back with me but i was alleays kept up to date.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
If you don't with John it's your loss imho, the only things I've bought from him in the past so far was my AV15 (I intend to buy from him another in the future, might even buy 4 PRs and make a budget clone of the power 15.4 with slight loss in output, to be quite honest the woofers quality blew me away for the $165 price that I paid on his website a week ago) as this driver dwarfs the quality of the Tempests (I own a pair of these as well as the Shivas, and an older version of the blueprint 1201). Remember folks it's not what John necessarily states but what the things you buy from him that does. Besides you can always call him is you need to as well.

PS: Almost forgot also the v1 of his freq sweep disc, and I'm still waiting for the 2nd and 3rd.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
It's a shame Tony, that you feel John's customer service
lacks, because he has bent over backwards for me and he
responds to my emails.

Sure he might not respond the same day I send the email but
I also realize that he is a one man operation and has many
irons in the fire. I am impatient but not THAT impatient.

It honestlty is your loss.. Sorry about that.

Jeff Meininger

Second Unit
John has always returned my emails, even the LOOOOONG ones with lots of stupid questions. It took a while to get a response, but that's just how it goes when you're running a small business with several new products that are in high demand. :)

Also, I've called Stryke twice. Both times, someone answered the phone and helped me with what I needed right away.

A+ for Stryke customer service as far as I'm concerned.

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Gentlement,

i didn't know he was running his business on his own, after i heard all these things from you guys on this board i will apologize, but i couldn't wait to long. So i decided to go elsewhere that's all i am saying. His subs do look AWESOME though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks