What's new

quick Alias S5 question (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Without giving anything away... I just need to know... does it have a cliffhanger ending (because they didn't know it was going to be cancelled) or is it a 'good one' that ends things well?

I'll probably order anyway but sets like Tru Calling bug me :frowning:

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
It has an ending. May not be the most satisfying ending that I would have hoped if JJ had still been actively involved with the show, but it really does end...

Josh_HI

Second Unit
yup it has an ending.....a pretty crappy one IMO...but it ends... I really hated the last episode...

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
That's true, but IIRC, ABC pulled a fast one at the last minute and trimmed the planned shooting schedule by three episodes. This meant that the writers had to rework many already introduced story elements so that they would still make sense to viewers within the confines of this newly abbreviated shooting schedule. In other words, ABC gave them less time to tell the story... while they were in the throws of telling it!

The ending we got is okay, but certainly not the "grand finale" that ABC promised to Alias fans. Don't forget, the network unceremoniously canceled the series while it was on a relatively unplanned hiatus (to accommodate Jennifer Garner's pregnancy.) To soften the blow at the time of the announcement, the network promised that the full 22 episode season would air as planned. But, in the end, we only got 18 episodes, and 4 of those were piggy-backed into 2 two-parters when ABC aired them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks