What's new

Quetion about extra shielding on cables (1 Viewer)

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Ok well my Radio antenna has interfirance from the wires its going across and there is no possible way to route them where they wouldnt be next to it and i tried it and my antenna cable has alot of interfirance. i was wondering what i could put over/under the cable to add shielding to it ? it goes under a 220v or whatever line for the washer/dryer and stove and stuff. and it also goes over my TV Cable cables.

what to do ?

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Why do you think you're getting interference on your radio antenna cable? Are you sure it's the antenna cable and not improper grounding of the antenna? If you've eliminated that possibility, try running the cable perpendicular to the power and CATV cables. Also try and keep a space between them (a chunk of foam will work). Another likely culprit is your CATV system injecting noise into your tuner (poor CATV cabling and grounding).

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
no its static. well first i tried it where i have the antenna mounted (its a big TERK FM PRO) and it worked just fine being by the cables behind the TV but then i ran it through the floor and over power cables and now its all staticy. i have a higher quality Dayton Fpin coaxail cable i bought and it got a little better. but i think the 210v is screwing it up. or something down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks