queston about ib

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bryan Michael, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

i want to replace my curent sub with a ib the olny thing is i cant get a seal between the back of the sub and the front. there is a door but it is slated do to fire code. here is a link to a site witch i have a rough drawing of the ht.http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/...249#post266249

2. Chris Brock

Chris Brock Second Unit

I would say that given the lay out of that setup you shouldnt have any problems with going ahead with the IB. There is a door along the same wall that my IB is mounted on. The door is about 14 feet to the right of the IB and I can leave the door wide open and there is no apparent effect on ouput, maybe in the very lowest octives but that is it.

3. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

As Chris noted no problems with the function of an IB.

You should probably have a removable fireproof cover (a piece of drywall would be fine) that's in place when the sub isn't being used. That will keep you in compliance with the fire code, and not give your homeowners insurance company an 'out' in the event of a fire.

4. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

no this is in the basement. and i need cirulation around the furnace in that room incase i have a problem