What's new

Questoin about Pioneer universal DVD burner... (1 Viewer)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I'd like to know what the difference is between the 106D and the A06. The 106 is the "OEM" version, while the A06 is the "retail version." I'm guessing it is just the software bundled with it. Is that correct? If it is, then people that have the A06 find the software worth the extra $22?

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
An optical difference is that the OEM drive does not say "Pioneer" on the front, but technically it is identical to the retail version, and you can use the same firmware updates (I understand that that's not necessarily a given with some brands).

My OEM drive (I bought an external one) came with some software, so it pays to look around and compare offers and prices.

-Christian

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
I bought the retail version and it came bundled with Ulead MovieStudio SE and Nero. It also included a blank DVD-R and a blank DVD-RW.

The Ulead software is pretty cool for making home movie projects, slideshow presentations with music & vd clips, etc. Nero is also a good general purpose burning app.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks