What's new

Questions (1 Viewer)

cotang

Auditioning
Real Name
Co Tang
So, my current place has a nice rectangular room which is perfect for my current 7.1 surround system but the new place I'm moving into has a not so rectangular room. I can get away with 7.1 but I have a few questions that I know most of you guys can answer.

1. Regarding the rear speakers setup, I don't really have a rear wall to mount my current speakers so I wan planning to get smaller speakers and mount them on the ceiling and angle them down towards the head. I was wondering if this is ok.

2. I'm thinking of moving away from my monopole speakers and switching over to dipole speakers. My question is do I need anything special for for this seetup up or will my current receiver work with it? (I think its pioneer vtx something..2 1/2 years old)

3. I'm not wanting to run wires because it'll look like a mess. I was wondering if anyone had used flat wire and what they think about it?

Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1. Should be fine. Better than in-ceiling speakers.
2. No idea.
3. Flat wire is wire that is flat. It works just like any other wire. Does the shape fit how you will use it?

-Robert

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
2. Yes, they'll work fine. I prefer non-monopole speakers for sides and rears, but you should still use monopoles for the fronts. You don't need anything special, just connect them as you would any other speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks