Questions - Yamaha RX-V2400 Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ty P., Feb 8, 2004.

1. Ty P.

Ty P. Auditioning

Yamaha RX-V2400.

A couple of questions the manual does not answer:

(Receiver is connected to a Samsung DLP TV and a 5.1 speaker system w/DVD unit and a digital cable box as inputs.)

1) A friend helped me do the initial receiver & speaker set-up and balanced the speakers manually (5.1 w/rear mounted). I would like the rears to have more volume. Should I do the auto set-up (with microphone) or adjust the settings manually?

2) I cannot get the on screen display (OSD) to display on the TV. The receiver is connected to the TV through component cables to the component 3 location on the TV (480p, 720p, and 1080i formats). When my friend did the initial set-up I believe he used the component 1 location (480i & 408p) to get the OSD to appear. Do I need to switch to component 1 to get the OSD to appear? I need this menu to do 1. above.

3) Zone 2 and Zone 3 appear in the display on the receiver but I have don't have any other zones. How can I turn these zones off?

Thanks in advance.

Ty

2. Cahyo Wicaksono

Cahyo Wicaksono Stunt Coordinator

1. Use the YPAO microphone. It works better than doing it manually
    2. The OSD only works using interlaced output
    3. The zone display to be 'on' is normal

3. Ty P.

Ty P. Auditioning

Thanks. I fussed with the set-up last night. Looks like the OSD only works in the component 1 connection on the TV while the video feed only works in the component 3 connection. That's a pain. Let me know if anyone has advice here.

Ran the auto set-up with the mic and am happy with the results so far. May tweek a bit later on.

Why do zone 2/zone 3 always display? It appears from the manual those are for components set up in other areas (rooms).