What's new

Questions to Paramount regarding upcoming Friday the 13th DVD's (1 Viewer)

JoeyP

Auditioning
I couldn't care less about the widescreen banner being at the top, bottom, or not even there at all... I am kinda bummed at the new artwork though.
Thank god New Line has the series now... that's all I can say.

SheldonS

Auditioning
Ricky,
I doubt that a lady that answers a phone for Paramount would know something like that. :) We probably won't hear about any uncut DVD releases until Paramount releases The New Blood and Jason Takes Manhattan. That way, Paramount can milk us for all we're worth.
tongue.gif

------------------
[Edited last by SheldonS on August 15, 2001 at 05:08 PM]

SheldonS

Auditioning
Ricky,
You're right, but you didn't specify who you called. I just figured you called their hotline.
------------------

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Ricky, I think you need to cool it just a little. Mr. Blythe is less likely to reply to a thread where there are a bunch of people arguing. Let's just all sit back and relax while he finds out why the covers were changed. You don't have to reply to every message that someone sends regarding you. I think Mr. Blythe is a much more reliable source than whoever it was you called, so we just need to wait and see what he finds out for us.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Sheldon, Buddy.
" I called paramount DVD department "
That is what I said.
Wes, WE ARE NOT ARGUING. Sheldon made a comment towards me and I just replied, THAT IS NOT ARGUING.
I called about the uncut DVD'S because over at the friday the 13th message board someone stated that when they called Paramount DVD, They said they were considering it. I simply called as well to confirm my suspicions.
Wes, I think you need to cool it a little.
Mr Blythe, I am grateful for the hard work you put in at Paramount DVD. Thank you.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

SheldonS

Auditioning
Ricky & Wes,
I have no intentions of arguing. I simply made a mistake on what Ricky said. I'm not the type of person to argue over the internet, it's pointless. So, can't we all just get along? :)
------------------
[Edited last by SheldonS on August 16, 2001 at 10:58 AM]
[Edited last by SheldonS on August 16, 2001 at 11:04 AM]

Lafe F

Second Unit
Mr. Blythe, it's been three weeks. Have you found out anything positive about the covers?

JoeyP

Auditioning
Guys, I think you all need to cool it a little... I don't think Blythe is gonna give you an answer. Even if he does, you're gonna find out in a month anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Personally, though I can't say that I like the new covers, I care much more about the attention that Paramount gives to the transfers of the films and the extras that they provide.
Those of us that have posted in the past regarding the Friday films, we know what we are up against. We are still waiting, though rather on the edge of our seats for the results of the 'poll' that was taken several months ago. We are still waiting for word as to whether or not Paramount is seriously looking toward a unrated version of The New Blood. Again, from the past, we know what more than likely the answers will be.
I am simply thankful that Paramount has released the titles at all being the fact that they seem to be a topic that Paramount isn't exactly proud of. Of course, on the other hand, I didn't see Paramount turning away from the money that the films made for them.
In my home, we have simply made the covers that we like and will slap the films in a brand new case as soon as we get them. But please Paramount, don't think that any of us true Friday fans are ever going to give up on getting the footage from the films that you and the MPAA decided that we could not see.

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
The thing I don't get is:
Okay so you don't like the covers? Well what about people who don't like Snappers? They make cover inserts for the Armaray cases...So why doesn't someone make a custom cover? So that everyone is happy.
------------------
"I don't want to kiss you here...I want to kiss you- there."
"You can put it anywhere"
"Kathryn, the only thing you are going to be riding is me!"

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Christopher because not everyone knows how to make a custom cover and even if one is made sometimes it does not have the same feel as the card/paper paramount use.
E.G : No Offense to old people but, Say there was an old man/woman who loves the Friday The 13th Movies and is a big fan of the original artwork, Thye go into a store and pick up Friday the 13th part 5 and 6 and are unhappy with the cover, and they don't know how to use a computer to make a custom cover, what about them ???
Regards,
Ricky
------------------

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I just got back from a local retailer, where they had their horror films in a large cardboard display for Halloween. The original Friday the 13th was among the VHS titles in this display...however I could hardly recognize this film because, like the DVDs of Part 5 and 6, the artwork has been changed.
The font is the same as what was seen in the pics of the new artwork for 5 and 6, so this is apparently the new permanant series font.
frown.gif

I've looked online all evening for a pic of the new artwork but have been unable to find one. Has anyone else seen this new artwork? The design depicts the outline of a killer holding a knife, but the coloring is mostly red and firey. For a second, I thought Paramount had leased the film out to a smaller company for distribution, due to the artwork, but when I turned it to the side, I saw the dark gray Paramount logo at the bottom, and I knew they had done this themselves. At this point, I really don't know what to say.
If someone finds a pic, please post it here. I have been unable to find one, but I assure you, I am not making this up. Anyone else seen the new VHS artwork for Part 1?

Lafe F

Second Unit
It seems the covers have been irreversably changed for the worse. Some at Paramount might disagree, but I do not like them.
Martin, why have the Friday the 13th covers been given a new design? What was wrong with the original theatrical artwork?

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I understand the disappointment JoeyP, I am not happy with the art either, but throwing obscenities at Paramount doesn't make you or the HTF look very dignified. For one, I feel Martin and Paramount have come leaps and bounds from what they were just only a year ago. I too wish we could get better treatment to the series but I assure you, it will not make it happen sooner with a childish attitude. Now I understand why Paramount is sometimes reluctant to respond to the Friday threads...I don't recall any FUs in the Star Trek threads over the last couple years. Grow up.
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I feel really dissapointed right now, People say " It is only the covers, big deal " But to F13 fans it is a big deal, The covers and the nice transfer were the only thing that Paramount was doing right for The Friday The 13th DVD'S and now they can't even do that right.
Maybe somewhere in a world far, far away there is Friday the 13th Part 5 and 6 DVD'S WITH ORIGINAL artwork.
As I said before, I am Dissapointed Paramount
frown.gif

Regards,
Ricky
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks