What's new

Questions Re: A Portable Home Theatre (1 Viewer)

DavePaq

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Paquette
I am looking for advice on creating a home theatre experience, be it in my living room, the backyard or over at a friend's house. I am a big fan of classic films like "The Wizard of Oz" and "The Sound of Music" so, for me, it's all about the picture. An elaborate surround sound system is not on my "must have" list. (I'd prefer to own pristine 16mm prints of these titles but that is highly doubtful in the 21st century.)

The main reason why I have kept my distance from projectors is because of that screen door effect. I'd prefer a film-like experience rather than the harsh look of a big-screen TV. Perhaps I just haven't seen the right projector yet. I don't mind spending the money as long as I will be 100% satisfied with the quality of the picture. However, I'm looking for something that I can move from place to place without too much difficulty or time-consuming set-up. I'd appreciate your input and suggestions.

If you live in eastern Massachusetts or southern New Hampshire and can show me a projected picture that will blow me away, I'd be grateful for an invitation. Thank you!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
If money isn't the issue then I would look into something along the lines of the JVC DLA RS35. We did a podcoast on it at CEDIA this year.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/292839/cedia-2009-video-podcast-jvc-pro.

It's light enough so you can carry it from one place to another and the set up is nothing. You won't get any screen door and the picture is phenomenal. I am sure you will get other recommendations but you deserve it to yourself to check out the JVC.

Parker

DavePaq

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Paquette
Thanks for the information, Parker. The particular model you mentioned is much higher priced than I was anticipating. I will, however, try to see an in-person demonstration so I can let my eyes be the judge.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks