Questions on selling a Directv Tivo Box

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Shane Martin, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Sep 26, 1999
    I'm 99% sure I'm switching back to Cox due to various reasons including the HD DVR. My current D*Tivo has the lifetime option paid on it.

My questions are these:

1. If I sell the Tivo box, will the lifetime transfer over to the new owner? I"m pretty sure the answer is yes but I wanted to be sure.

2. If I sell the box, Do I need to keep or trash the access card? Or will I need to sell that to the new owner too with the box?

3. Can anyone suggest a ballpark value of this Phillips box? I believe the model # is the 6000.
  2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Aug 22, 2000
    1. No it will not. When DirecTV took over billing from TiVo, the lifetime subscription was moved from the hardware to the account. If you cancel your account you will lose the lifetime subscription.
    2. DirecTV is requiring new access cards when activating a receiver. Very seldom do they activate a used card.
    3. Hard to guess a good price. The 6000 is a series one model. Slow processor, low memory and no USB. It will not get the 6.1 software upgrade that will come along next month. And with no USB, it's useless to hack 4.1 onto it. You will probably get more use out of pulling the hard drive out and using it on a PC as extra storage.