Questions on HDTV with my TV

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Tim_Wolfe, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Tim_Wolfe

Tim_Wolfe Auditioning

I just bought a RCA D61W20 61'' Widescreen HDTV and wanted to know what I need to do to get High Definition Programming on it. I am planning to get a high end HD antenna but wanted to know if the TV also requires anyother equipment to get the high definition. The Tv says it is "WITH HIGH DEFINITION CAPABILITY". So if any one has any info or advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo

John Dhein
    Well, since your monitor does not have an integrated HDTV tuner, you will need to get one. You can buy stand alone tuners, get one from DirectTV, or Dish Network, or (probably) your local cable company (In which case you most likely won't need the antenna.) Another option is a home media PC.

Lots of choices. Enjoy.

3. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

Check out Antennaweb.org

there you can check what stations are located in your area. And will give you recomendations on what type of Antenna you'll need to receive these. If your going to go the Dish,Directv or Cable Tv route, this won't be needed if you'll get your Locals thru them.
    But as noted above, if your not going thru any of the above Sources, then you will need a HD Receiver Box

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    There is no such thing as an "HD antenna". It's just a way for companies like Terk to double the price of their already inferior product. Follow the link above to Antennaweb and report back with the results. We can recommend the proper antenna. For example, I'm 25 miles from the antenna farm and use a $5 Radio Shack UHF antenna with good results. I want GREAT results so I have purchased a Radio Shack $25 antenna along with the mounting equipment to put it in my attic.

-Robert