What's new

Questions on H/K 320 (1 Viewer)

Steven_B

Agent
Does the 320 have DTS ES, DD-EX, and also I heard it doesn't have all the PL-II adjustments. So what adjustments are indeed missing. Also what are the difference's between the 520 and the 320 besides, HDCD, more power, illuminated remote.

GuyCrawford

Auditioning
I am using the 320 and can answer some of your questions. It does NOT decode dolby-ex. It does handle all the dts modes. No adjustments for PL2 other than music and movie mode. For myself, I find I prefer Logic7 over PL2. The amp section is amazingly powerful for only 55 watts. It has no problem driving my PSB 5T/9C/2B setup to reference level. No backlit remote but I use a HTM MX500. Check the HK website for other differences. Overall, I am very impressed with it. Just a little dissappointed about no Dolby ex.

Steven_B

Agent
I made up my mind and want to purchase the 320. However like a few of us I'm working with a budget, so if anybody knows of the current lowest price site that has a factory warranties please a reply. I've looked and am having a difficult time getting replies from the sites themselves.

Thanks, Merry Christmas

DavidAM

Second Unit
When I bought my 520, I inquired about pricing on the 320 and the 320 was $499 at jandr.com. They are also supposed to be an authorized dealer and if you're ready to order when you call, they even haggle/match prices. For example, they wanted $650 for the 520 and ecost.com had it for $610. Even though ecost isn't an authorized dealer, he matched their price for a total of $636 shipped to my door. I figured the $110 difference between the 320 and 520 was worth it to buy the 520. Both are great models, you'll enjoy them!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks