Questions on H/K 320

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven_B, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Steven_B

Steven_B Agent

Does the 320 have DTS ES, DD-EX, and also I heard it doesn't have all the PL-II adjustments. So what adjustments are indeed missing. Also what are the difference's between the 520 and the 320 besides, HDCD, more power, illuminated remote.

2. GuyCrawford

GuyCrawford Auditioning

I am using the 320 and can answer some of your questions. It does NOT decode dolby-ex. It does handle all the dts modes. No adjustments for PL2 other than music and movie mode. For myself, I find I prefer Logic7 over PL2. The amp section is amazingly powerful for only 55 watts. It has no problem driving my PSB 5T/9C/2B setup to reference level. No backlit remote but I use a HTM MX500. Check the HK website for other differences. Overall, I am very impressed with it. Just a little dissappointed about no Dolby ex.

3. Steven_B

Steven_B Agent

I made up my mind and want to purchase the 320. However like a few of us I'm working with a budget, so if anybody knows of the current lowest price site that has a factory warranties please a reply. I've looked and am having a difficult time getting replies from the sites themselves.

Thanks, Merry Christmas

4. Dan_C

Dan_C Agent

Reliable Audio Video (reliableaudiovideo.com) has decent prices on the H/K receivers and although they are not authorized dealers, they match all the factory warranties.
    Good Luck!

5. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

When I bought my 520, I inquired about pricing on the 320 and the 320 was $499 at jandr.com. They are also supposed to be an authorized dealer and if you're ready to order when you call, they even haggle/match prices. For example, they wanted $650 for the 520 and ecost.com had it for $610. Even though ecost isn't an authorized dealer, he matched their price for a total of $636 shipped to my door. I figured the $110 difference between the 320 and 520 was worth it to buy the 520. Both are great models, you'll enjoy them!