questions on 1014 pioneer...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JesseW, Mar 4, 2005.

1. JesseW

JesseW Extra

ive been reading about this, and you guys have the idea! I love pioneer (use a low end 412 myself) and definatly will look into this as an upgrade into 7.1.

One thing i could not find though on information is on the Xover...

What is the HP and LP Xover settings available on this unit? Also, does it have the automatic type 2 on the MCACC? Sorry if this is posted somewhere already, i looked around but didnt see, and pioneer doesnt have anything on their site about this (that i could find)

Thanx!
    JW

2. Scott Lawrence

Scott Lawrence Stunt Coordinator

The x-over options are 50hz, 80hz, 100hz, 120hz, 150hz, and 200hz, and there is one setting for all speakers (some receiver allow you to set individual xovers for front, centre, surround, and surround back channels).

Regarding you question about MCACC: I'm not really sure what you mean. If you run the auto-mcacc, it adjusts your speaker distances and volumes (which I believe is what type 1 was limited to?), and also does the auto-EQ (which I think is what was added in type 2?). You can toggle the EQ on or off quite easily though if you are enquiring about a way to defeat the EQ.

Cheers,
    Scott.

3. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

4. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

I have the 1014.. i really dont get the whole crossover stuff tho.. i have no idea what to set it at... any help? (Running Athena AS-B2's all around)

5. Scott Lawrence

Scott Lawrence Stunt Coordinator

According to the website, the AS-B2's are rated down to 50Hz. That means that they probably start rolling off above that, so you'll probably get best results at 80 or 100Hz. What the xover setting indicates is what frequencies should go to your speakers and what frequencies should be redirected to your subwoofer instead. You should set all your speakers to SMALL and your sub to YES (I'm assuming you have a sub) and try the various crossover settings to see what sounds best.