Questions of Time Warner HD broadcasting?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by GeorgeVT, Oct 2, 2003.

1. GeorgeVT

GeorgeVT Agent

I live in Raleigh/Durham area and have HDTV and Time Warner Digital Cable. I get HBO, Showtime, ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, PBS, and Discovery in HD.

My question is does anybody here know when Time Warner will start carrying ESPN HD?? Also, I watch the WB a bunch and all there primetime shows are shown in HD but Time Warner doesnt have a WB HD Channel. Why is this and do they have plans to add it?

thanx

2. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

I've got TWC HD in Western Ohio. Officially, TWC is in negotiations with ESPNHD and that's all they'll say when asked.

However, over at the AVS forum, someone is claiming that Nov 3 ESPNHD will be available (I'm not sure if that's a national rollout date or not). Let's hope that's true. In my area, all TWC has in HD is: NBC, FOX (a waste really), PBS, INHD, INHD2, DiscoveryHD (and Showtime and HBO for extra $$). We don't have ABC yet, so I really want ESPNHD for my NFL fix!

3. Gene S

Gene S Agent

GeorgeVT take a look at this from AVS. It has information about HD in your local area.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=raleigh

You should feel lucky, you are getting all your locals (except WB) thru TWC, we are still missing NBC, FOX and WB.

Gene

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Maybe the problem is your local WB station doesn't broadcast in HD yet. My local cable (called Brighthouse but used to be TWC) has the WB in HD, so it must be local.