What's new

Questions/Observations on Amazon.ca (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Do they participate in the share the love program? Even if they don't, the Canadian Amazon site has some unbelievable deals, why would anyone order from the US site?
For example:
Nightmare on Elm Street Collection US $93.99, CA $55.64
Alec Guiness Collection US $52.49, CA $25.80
ET Ultimate Gift Set US $52.49, CA $40.65
Wizard of OZ Deluxe set US $44.98, CA $34.19
Back to the Future trilogy US $42.74, CA $27.99
As far as I know these are the EXACT same R1 DVDS (packaging and all) on both sites. And there are some great coupons to use on the Canadian site you can get them
here
I think I'm going to do all my DVD ordering (except Criterions, which are strangely more expensive) from up North, eh.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I recently cancelled my Alec Guinness Collection order at DeepDiscountDVD (it was on Backorder), at $42, and placed an order at Amazon.ca instead. I threw in the Smallville pilot DVD (only available in Canada), used the $10 off $50 coupon, and the total cost was still less with the current exchange rates.

The items still haven't shipped yet so I cannot comment on their service other than that. I did like the fact that you can log in at Amazon.ca using your Amazon.com (US) ID.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I bought Friends Season 2 from them for basically $10USD less than Best Buy, SHIPPED! (and no tax, so actually saved $15).

Just bought the 3 disc Brotherhood of the Wolf for $25 USD from them!

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
You scum...taking advantage of our poor, helpless dollar like that! You should be ashamed of yourselves! :angry:
Just kidding guys, great deals! :D

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Just got a note from Amazon.ca that the Alec Guinness Collection has been delayed 4-6 weeks. I'll bet they got a lot more orders for this set than anticipated. I wonder if Anchor Bay didn't produce enough of them or if Amazon.ca didn't order enough. I know DDD had it on backorder too.

Jim-M

Second Unit
Band of Brothers is about $53.50 US shipped at Amazon.ca if you use the $10 off $50 coupon.

Another excellent deal there are the upcoming Disney tins which are $16.xx US before shipping.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Heads up on BTTF:
It's a Universal title, and 99% likely to have ugly bilingual packaging.
I'm not too sure about E.T. Limited Edition, since it's in special packaging. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
The pictures on the site don't reflect the proper packaging.
Also, ET price is now $58.47 and BTTF is now $43.39
And the reason Criterions are more expensive is that they are imported from the U.S. ... so you're basically importing it back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks