What's new

Questions: Metal Gear Solid 2 (1 Viewer)

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a PS2 with Metal Gear 2. When it comes to video games I'm not very knowledgeable.

My questions are:

1) In the main menu, there is a "Special" and then a "Photo Album" section. How do i save my photos from the game into this section? I thought it would save all the pictures you have taken with the camera when you do a regular save game on the codec. But every time I try to access this, it goes "Checking Memory Card", then "File not found".

2) It took me awhile, but I made it really far in the Plant chapter. Right now I'm fighting all these Metal Gear Rays. How many do i have to beat (its hard)?

Pretty good game. I knew nothing about it until I picked it up a few days ago. My brother recommended it to me.

Thanks

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
1) You can only save pictures with the Digital Camera, which you get after you beat the game.

2) You need to defeat 4 Metal Gears to continue. And it's not hard, just really tedious. The way to cause the most damage, I suggest firing a missile at the Metal Gear's leg/knee and then immediately shooting at the head. When your first missile hits the Metal Gear in the leg/knee, it will make one of those screaming/screeching noises and then your second one should hit the head of the Metal Gear as the mouth is open. This takes up more missiles and maybe some rations, but it takes away the most life from the Metal Gears.

Hope that helped. Feel free to ask me about anything else. I'm know this game inside and out. Nothing in this game surprises me, which is one reason I eagerly wait for Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Jamie,

Also concentrate on one Metal Gear Ray at a time. Just run around a lot and only shoot the one on the left or something. They really can't hit you as long as you keep moving and do cartwheels when they toss out missles.

It takes a little while, but the Metal Gear Ray fight you are in is probably the hardest part of the game.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Jamie is right. Cartwheel are a must there.

Doesn't the number of Rays you have to fight depend on the difficulty you're playing at or am I thinking of something else?

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I played metal gear solid on ps1. Should I get metal gear solid 2 for ps2 or wait for metal gear solid 2 substance on xbox?

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Mike:

Not sure when it comes out, but I'd wait. You get the same game plus more. You can also get Substance for PS2 if you like the control scheme better.

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
Substance on the X-Box comes out on Nov. 5 I think, and for the PS2 some time next year. I already have MGS2 on the PS2, but I love the series so much I think I am going to buy Substance as well. With all the extras, it sounds like it will definitely be worth it.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
What do you mean play as snake the whole game? He's the main character? Why wouldn't you play with him?
Just kidding I had heard this already :P

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
In Substance, you can play as different characters in different sections (Snake in Plant, Raiden in Tanker, Ninja on either, possibly another character), there are some added missions that are mini-missions set in environments from MGS2, there are 200+ VR missions added, plus some other extras I'm forgetting.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
yes, the snake tales, which are mini missions starring Snake in different get-ups (one is even a tuxedo.)

Plus, there is the Hideo wacky-a$$ stuff like the mini game where you can skateboard around the tanker with Snake and pull ollies, tricks, and stuff (no, I am not kidding!)

I would definitely get MGS:Substance on either Xbox or PS2. After you played the regular MGS2, you'd just have to buy it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks