Questions from Newbie Dish Buyer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe_M, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Joe_M

Joe_M Auditioning

I took advantage of the free installation offer & I am now the proud owner of a Dish 500 system. I do have a few questions:
    1. I subscribed to get the local ABC, CBS & NBC affiliates. However I now cannot receive my other local channels. Is there a way to receive the other local affiliates on my dish? By the way, DISH is being forced by Young Broadcasting to drop the local NBC affiliate (KRON) due to a contract squabble. Young Broadcasting wants DISH to pay an exorbitant fee for a LA station that DISH does not carry.
    2. I noticed that when the installers left, they left behind a phone line. I guess this is to be used for PPV events. Do I install this myself? If so, How do I do this.
    Joe_M
    [​IMG]

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

The only locals dish carries are NBC CBS ABC and FOX..Any other loacals in your area, you would have to get OTA or lifeline cable...
    ------------------

3. TimP

TimP Auditioning

Joe_M asked:
    I noticed that when the installers left, they left behind a phone line. I guess this is to be used for PPV events. Do I install this myself? If so, How do I do this.
    Yes, the phone line is for PPV movies (and caller ID is your receiver supports it). If I don't understand your question about installation forgive me, BUT... just plug one end of the phone line into the back of your receiver (phone jack) and the other end into a phone jack in the wall. Not much to it!
    Tim