Questions about yamaha and subs

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Stuart Moss, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Stuart Moss

Stuart Moss Auditioning

I am currently running what i initially thought was a great HT system but after looking at what some of you guys are running im not so sure. I am running a Samsung 42" Plasma display with a Yamaha RX-V2300 6.1 receiver with Yamaha NS45E mains, Yamaha NS-5290C rears, with the matching centre for the rears. The subwwofer i am running is the forward firing Yamaha dual 8" subwoofer which is the cause of my problems.

Firstly i know the front grilleof my subwoofer cannot be removed but the plastic surround what the material is stretched to vibrates when a certain amount of bass is put through. This can be alleviated by turning down the bass volume. But what i want to know in laymans terms is what is the recommended setting for subwoofers in a HT setup so the bass does not overkill the rest of the speakers and would it be more effective if i upgraded to a downward firing sub instead. One more question. i am thinking of moving my current front centre speaker to the rear centre channel. What Yamaha centre will best suit the pair of NS 45E i am currently running.

2. Dave Milne

Dave Milne Supporting Actor

I don't know the Yamaha line. My first thought would be to just use another NS 45E.