Questions about Tron.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenny Foor, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Kenny Foor

Kenny Foor Stunt Coordinator

I have a couple of questions about the upcoming special edition of Tron. First, will it have the deleted footage edited back in like the collectors laserdisc? Second, will it have DTS sound (this should be a must for this movie)? Third, will it have commentaries and documentaries? Is there a set date when this will come out?

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I give you this link from Dvd File - it's as much as anyone knows right now.
    ------------------
    They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
    They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
    - Napoleon XIV

3. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk

4. Anton Ruzic

Anton Ruzic Stunt Coordinator

I don't know if I am breaking any HTF rules by telling you this, but most of the extras (including the full commentary, "making of" segments, artwork, etc.) from the Tron Archive Edition Laserdisc can be downloaded at the following URL:
    http://www.tron-movie.com/
    Anton

5. Mike Friedrich

Mike Friedrich Stunt Coordinator

~ yes you're correct Neil, some of the cut scenes did not have any sound on the A/LD version, including the love scene in the apartment.
    bodymov'n [​IMG]
    ------------------