Questions about the JVC AV-27F475

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Corey Hall, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Corey Hall

Corey Hall Agent

I've always been a Sony man, but I just bought the KV-27FS120 and am very disappointed. The red push is just way too high. I tried to fix this with the service menu to no avail. I was looking at the AV-27FA44, but it's not available locally and I don't want to order online since I tried to order the Sony online and got 3 broken ones before I gave up and bought at Best Buy. Anyway, I did find the AV-27F475 at Sears it seems to be identical to the AV-27FA44, but I'm not sure. I can't find any info or reviews online. If you guys can tell me anything it would be a big help. Thanks.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

From a quick look at JVC's website the only difference I saw between the 2 models is that the 44 had an "Illuminated"
    Remote & the new model doesn't. Both sets Owners Manuals are on JVC's website so you should be able to download them & compare the models. As far as the "Illuminated" Remote it was only glow in the dark Volume & Channel up/down buttons.

3. Corey Hall

Corey Hall Agent

So, it looks to be basically the same, but with a cheaper remote. The 44 model seems to be well received, hopefully the 475 model is the same thing, but newer.

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Corey, Or it just might be that it still does have "Illuminated" Buttons & JVC din't post it on their website. I do know that JVC did redesign their Remotes for some new Receiver models & the new design I think is better than the old so maybe the TV Remote is a better design too. I'd be willing to guess that the set itself is exactly the same as last years 44. Try downloading the Owners Manuals & you will be able to compare the remotes. Last year people who were asking me which set to get, my pick was the 27" FA44 or the 32" FA44 because in my area their was a chain selling the 27" for $277 & the 32" for $499 But later they did drop the prices on the Sony fs100's to $299 & $499
    Friends of mine who bought the JVC's have been more than happy with them plus they have a 1 year Labor Warranty.