Questions About The Fugitive Most Wanted Edition DVD Set

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I am planning on purchasing soon The Fugitive Most Wanted Edition DVD set and I have some questions I would like to ask the members of this forum. I know this has been discussed before in another topic, but I really don't have time to do a search for it. I decided to start a new thread and I kindly request that members help me by answering my questions if they can! Here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to tell if you get the corrected set by the box, upc sticker, etc?
2. If you aren't familiar with the original music, how do you know if the discs you have are the correct discs?
3. Which episodes need replacement discs and how do you get them?
4. I plan on buying NEW from Amazon. At the price I want to pay, which is under $100, there are three sellers. Arrow-media,
westcoastmedia, and themediaoutlet, All are fulfilled by Amazon. Does anyone know which company would be the best to purchase from to get the most correct set?

Thanks to hometheater forum for this great site and for all members for their great contributions! Thanks to all members who reply to my questions!

GOD BLESS!

ROBERT

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
TravisR said:
As far as I know, the copies with the corrected discs should have a yellow bar code/UPC.
I think that theory was disproven some time ago as someone with a corrected set could not find that.
I only ordered mine a few months ago and from an Amazon US seller called Wherehouse . I asked them upfront if the sets included the corrected discs . They couldn't tell they said.
When it arrived it had the defective discs . I emailed the seller to ask for corrected discs but they insisted on sending a replacement and I knew the chances would be that would also contain defective discs.
I emailed them several times to ensure the customs slip was filled in with a zero value . I had already paid customs and import duty on the original set and I didn't want to pay it again for an item I was getting for free.
UPS turned up demanding money so I then had to spend a couple of weeks between Amazon , the seller and UPS telling them the story.
The seller refused to budge and I told them if they didn't I would ask for a refund which they said they would refuse.
Amazon agreed with me that I should not have to pay import duty a second time for an item that was free.
So the replacement was returned to the US , I got a full refund from Amazon along with the original fee for customs so ended up getting the set for free.
So I didn't mind spending a few pound on Skype in order to contact the US number I was given in order to get the 5 replacement discs which did take several weeks to reach the UK and the original email address given on TVshowsondvd.com to obtain replacements was out of date but I got a phone number from them - very helpful they were.
The label on the corrected discs is different and has a figure of a man next to The Fugitive title

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
TravisR said:
Let's put it this way, the yellow bar code is supposed to be the way to tell but there's no guarantee.
Yes . When I was looking to buy the series all those months back I spent quite a while trying to find out whether defective discs were still in circulation , how you actually were supposed to tell if your discs were defective etc.

The yellow bar code seemed to be the only way to tell the packaging was recent but someone popped up to disprove that so there didn't seem to be any way to tell the difference.

The figure next to The Fugitive title on the discs themselves was also mentioned but you could never be sure until you actually got any whether that was accurate.

I never could find out what all 5 of the defective discs were but I think it was on this forum where the lipsynch issue episodes were listed so I was finally able to check that and found my discs were defective which is when I got in contact with the US to get the 5 replacements.

I don't know the series well enough to spot the music changes . I'm surprised that after all this time that defective sets are still in circulation

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
youworkmen said:
I'm surprised that after all this time that defective sets are still in circulation
Actually, I'm not that surprised. The vast number of defective sets released and what seem to be the low sales of the set produced a lot of leftovers. I believe that CBS has not produced corrected sets since they took such a huge loss on the series as a whole. Just look at the track record. Season 2 volume 1 and 2 were reproduced with mostly corrected music after the huge backlash. After paying for someone to completely re-score the entire season. Then the complete series set came out and was recalled due to music issues again. Then it was re-released and five discs were defective. They then had to issue replacement discs. I'm sure by now they would just like to wash their hands of the entire mess.

Reactions: hypnohighball

Jack P

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
All that stuff about "Defective discs" just makes me glad I was one of the few who got the original set that was recalled! I don't even notice the tiny pieces of music missing in a couple episodes.

Reactions: hypnohighball

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm glad that I got the set and the corrected replacement discs. This series has become annual viewing for me. Once a year since I got it, I've pulled it out and watched it from beginning to end. In fact, in February or early March will be my next viewing of it. I tend to save it for when there is not a lot of new releases coming out and that is usually the first of the year.

Reactions: ljgranberry

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Jack P said:
All that stuff about "Defective discs" just makes me glad I was one of the few who got the original set that was recalled! I don't even notice the tiny pieces of music missing in a couple episodes.
Not bothered about the music but did the original set not have lipsynch issues .Presumably those discs were not changed when the set was reissued

Jim Pattison

Agent
The replacement discs are:
Season One, Volume Two, Disc 2 (Bloodline, Rat in a Corner, Angels Travel on Lonely Roads Parts 1 & 2)
Season One, Volume Two, Disc 3 (Flight From the Final Demon, Taps For a Dead War, Somebody to Remember, Never Stop Running)
Season Two, Volume One, Disc 4 (The Iron Maiden, Devil's Carnival, Ballad for a Ghost)
Season Three, Volume One, Disc 2 (Conspiracy of Silence, Three Cheers For Little Boy Blue, All The Scared Rabbits, An Apple A Day)
Season Three, Volume One, Disc 3 (Landscape With Running Figures Parts 1 & 2, Set Fire To A Straw Man, Stranger In The Mirror)

As mentioned, the replacment discs have a silhouette of Kimble on the face of the disc; the originals contain only text.

Left: original disc
Right: replacement

Jack P

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I never noticed any lipsynch issues in the episodes on the first set that got withdrawn and don't remember any of the other few people who got it reporting it either.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Brian Himes said:
Yes, there were some synch issues that were corrected with the 5 replacement discs.
Yes I know that , but the post from Jackp about the original withdrawn release makes it sound as if all the discs in that set were perfect and that the problems arose with the reissue . Is that correct ?

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Jack P said:
I never noticed any lipsynch issues in the episodes on the first set that got withdrawn and don't remember any of the other few people who got it reporting it either.
Now someone has listed them are you able to check them in your original set ? Just curious

Jack P

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Well one thing I can tell you is the discs in the withdrawn set were of the plain gray variety like in the individual set releases so there's no way those could have had the same problems the first "official" complete set had. I just watched "Ballad For A Ghost" and didn't see a problem.

smithbrad

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad
youworkmen said:
Yes I know that , but the post from Jackp about the original withdrawn release makes it sound as if all the discs in that set were perfect and that the problems arose with the reissue . Is that correct ?
The reissue was to correct some music replacements that weren't needed in the original withdrawn set. From what i recall they were pretty minor. Unfortunately, a few authoring issues crept into the reissue, and they had to send out a few replacement disks.

The reissue with the replacement disks should be the definitive release. However, most probably would not notice any issues with the withdrawn set either.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Their very first individual season releases didn't have any lip sync issues, did they? That's still the only releases many fans (maybe most) have. I have some of those in R2, and never noticed anything with those.

smithbrad

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad
HenryDuBrow said:
Their very first individual season releases didn't have any lip sync issues, did they? That's still the only releases many fans (maybe most) have. I have some of those in R2, and never noticed anything with those.
Not that I recall hearing about. But only seasons 1 and 4 of those individual season releases were anything close to representing the original broadcast music. Seasons 2 and 3 were pretty well hacked up music wise, which is what caused the many complaints that helped finally fuel a proper release in the form of the Most Wanted complete series set.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badsahbrneha