What's new

Questions - About Reviewing... (1 Viewer)

Sean_J

Agent
Hello!

How is everyone?

Anyways--- I was wondering I want review many home theater items. But I was wondering, do like DVD Studios send out DVDs to reviewers? Do the reviewers pay a price to the studios to be allowed to get access to the DVDS and have them sent to you.

Let me know on details as far as previewing DVDs/Home Theater Stuff> Main Q: Do the studios pay for the stuff they send to reviewers? In order to be considered a reviewer to you need to fufill certain requirements by the studios.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ANY COMMENTS! :)

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
I'm no expert, but this is how I understand it.

If you can manage to start a website with your reviews that gets enough traffic, you'll get free product (DVDs) from the studios. Each studio will decide if you reviewing their disk is worth them giving you free DVDs.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of DVD reviewers on the internet, and most of them do NOT get free product from anyone. Obviously the studios aren't interested in giving away free DVDs (especially before release date) to just anyone who starts a website.

To be successful as a DVD reviewer, you should probably have the following:

1) A high-end home theater setup so you can accurately review the quality of the audio and the transfer.

2) A talent for writing reviews hundreds of people will be interested in reading.

3) Connections with at least one studio.

4) A zealous love for film.

Like I said, I am not a DVD reviewer, so maybe someone else can help you out more with specifics on how to get started.

Sean_J

Agent
Alright. Thank You. But how do the studios find out about my reviews---do I contact the studios?

I am also LOOKING FOR TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS on how to contact studios and get my hands on dvds...Because I would like add a preview section to my website---.

please email me or reply.

Help is deeply appriciated.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sean,

I hate to sound like a downer here.

It is my understanding that the market is

oversaturated with web site reviewers.

The studios will not send you screeners

unless your site is established with a large

amount of traffic visiting daily.

By all means, you can try. Just call the

studios and ask for their DVD Promotions dept.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks