1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Profiler (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mark Zimmer, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I'm about halfway through the A&E set of the first season (which isn't bad, but doesn't cover the same territory half as well as CSI), and reading about the series I see that the main character was written out at the beginning of the 4th season. Was the Jack of All Trades plot ever finally resolved? Or was it just kind of left hanging? I may not bother with future season sets if there's no payoff.

I know that the fansites hate the changes, but I'm just really looking to find out whether there was a resolution (not necessarily to find out what it was). None of the ones I've looked at are clear on this point; they're mostly just crying about how suddenly Sam is completely out of character.

Danke.

2. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

The Jack of All Trades story is finished/completed in the season four episode Reunion Part Two.

3. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Stunt Coordinator

The first two seasons were excellent - Jack Of All Trades arc was very exciting. But season 3 wasn't that good anymore - they made some changes to format, which was, if I recall correctly, the reason why Ally Walker left the series. But season 1 cliffhanger is very good, and so is for the most parts season 2.

4. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

there were four seasons of this? i didn't think it was on for that long.

maybe because i started watching it late, but i thought there was season one, season two saw a martinez on the show for a while, with tracy lords, and then season three was jamie luner,and then it was cancelled. even three seasons seems like longer than i thought it was actually on.

loved this show when the story dealt with jack of all trades(which i loved that they didn't reveal who played him for a long time in the credits), but once they wrapped that plotline up, the standalone stories seemed weaker, especially later in the series. the jack stories had that extra air of mystery or creepiness that was lacking when he wasn't involved. to me, it was sort of like the "mythology" stories from the x-files; they were what drew me in, but sometimes the monster of the week stories weren't that compelling, especially in the later seasons.