What's new

Questions about Pioneer PD-F27 CD player. (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I'm thinking of buying the Pioneer Elite PD-F27 301 Disc CD Player. Is anyone familiar with it or own it? Any positive or negative feedback?

Thanks

Mike Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
I have it and I love mine, It has everything you need in a cd player except for playing Mp3's, that would be great for the price. I paid $375 at sound pros a year ago If you can find it cheaper. I say get it, if your really into music and you either have a lot of cd or you plan to make alot of cds.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Vlad, the 'F27 is good as far as megachangers go. $375, as Mike paid, is a great price. If you want the combination of maximal convenience and sound quality, go with a Sony ES or Pioneer Elite megachanger. They are better than the mass-market models out there. However, if sound quality is paramount, don't buy a megachanger. For the price of a Sony ES or Pioneer Elite megachanger, there are carousel changers and single-disc players that are better performers. Even as a transport, the megachangers are not the best in their price range. It all depends on what is most important to you. Despite my criticism of megachangers, I have two Sony ES models daisy-chained and love them for casual listening (background music). I have better players for critical listening.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I'm looking for convenience mostly with descent sound quality. Mostly for when I want to have music on while doing something else or maybe a party.

I had considered the Sony's but they are too deep and won't fit on my shelf. The PD-F27's dimensions are perfect. Want to make sure it has descent sound and good build quality.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Vlad, for your purposes, I'm sure the 'F27 would serve you very well. It is a very good megachanger. My Sony ES megachangers work very well for casual listening and when I have company. For casual listening and parties, go with a megachanger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks